Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Music recommendation of the week - Intro

I thought I'd write just a minute about a few eclectic musical interests. First off, let me say that what I like is rock, blues, country, etc. However, at the same time, I am not really into most of the junk that comes on the radio. Maybe about a fourth of what you may hear on the classic rock stations is good. Maybe a tenth of what comes on most country stations is good.

There are some other musical forms that I like somewhat. It is funny that some of the stuff that I hated at the time it came out, I kinda like now. One example is some of the dance music of the 70s. Don't get me wrong. Disco IS dead and I AM glad! However, a few of those numbers do hold up and make for excellent music for dancing and frolicking in such instances as wedding receptions, etc.

I also like some jazz, some folk, some classical, and others. However, for the most part with these other forms, I do not know enough about it to say "I like" this or that in particular. When I hear jazz that I like, I know I like it, but I can't run down a list of artists or songs or particular forms or styles of jazz and say "This is what I like." I just know it when I hear it. Same for classical and others.

Now, with a very very few exceptions I hate all of the following forms of music: Heavy heavy metal (sure I like a little bit of ACDC, or Sabbath, etc, but none of this modern death metal crapola); Rap, Opera. Now there's a mix. Metal, rap, and opera. Can't stand to listen to any of them!

With that in mind, I'll start trying to post something musically related at least once per week or so.

No comments: